Tuxedo – A Little About Them
The term Tuxedo exudes the essence of formality and elegance. A Tuxedo, for men, is the pinnacle of attire and is saved for exceptional moments and engagements. What is a Tuxedo? What makes a tuxedo different than the standard suit? The best way to accurately describe or define a tuxedo is to compare it directly to a suit. The difference between a tuxedo and a suit starts at the basic level of look. A tuxedo is more formal than a suit. When boiled down further, the real difference is satin. Satin is part of the design of tuxedos and suits generally do not. Satin is used to add elegance to the lapels, buttons, and pockets and universally black in color. Even velvet, burgundy, or navy wool tuxedos will probably display black satin detailing. Single buttons are the trend in tuxedos and two buttons for suits adding to the distinction. Fewer the buttons the more formal the attire. Additionally, the material in the main body of the tuxedo may have a slight sheen. Temecula Men’s Suit Outlet has an unmatched premier collection of tuxedos. Ask one of our tuxedo experts for assistance today. (951)600-3997
When is a Tuxedo Needed?
Tuxedos are needed for events stating attire is black tie. These events are usually invitation only and very formal. Other events requiring or possibly needing a tuxedo can be anything from a prom to a ball, premiere or awards ceremony – virtually, any occasion that demands you look your sharpest.
Look the part in one of Temecula Men’s Suit Outlets classic and Stylish Tuxedos.
Tips to Looking Your Sharpest in a Tuxedo
When wearing a tuxedo, you need and want to look your best. There are many ways to do this, but we have put together some simple tips to assist in making sure your appearance is perfect.
- Wear the Right Neckwear – know the particulars of the event your attending. Most events allow either a long tie or bow tie; however, very formal events are bow tie only.
- Studs and Cufflinks – most tuxedos have standard buttons, but the use of studs and cufflinks display a sense of confidence.
- Pick the Right Shirt – make sure the shirt you chose to wear with your tuxedo is white. The collar of the shirt is essential too. Standard turn-down collars are acceptable the majority of the time; however, wing-tipped collars are used when a tailcoat is worn.
- Wear the Right Waist Covering – choices are cummerbund, vest, or nothing. Choose the waist covering that is right for you and your style.
- Don’t Forget Your Pocket Square
- Make Sure the Pants are Hemmed correctly – ideally, stay away from the pants bunching at the bottom.
Remember, wearing a tuxedo does not have to be frightening or uncomfortable. Temecula Men’s Suit Outlet can help you look your best and be comfortable doing it. Wearing a tuxedo is your chance to look good. Call Temecula Men’s Suit Outlet today and let us help you find the right tuxedo for your special event. (951)600-3997